An Uplay software is designed for digital distribution, DRM, multiplayer, and communications for Ubisoft games. Sometimes Uplay displays an “Uplay A Ubisoft Service is Currently Unavailable” error when you have opened Ubisoft. This error is quite prominent since several users have frequently faced it. There are various times when this error could occur when you log into your account or launch a particular game. This error may be due to various reasons such as time and date not updated, a conflict between Uplay and Hamachi program, or any kind of external/internal network issue. Further, we shall identify the causes of this error and provide you with simple solutions to Fix A Ubisoft Service is Currently Unavailable.
What are Ubisoft and Uplay?
Ubisoft is a popular video gamer development company that has launched some famous games such as Rayman, Just Dance, Raving Rabbids, Prince of Persia, Assassin’s Creed, etc. While on the other hand, Uplay is used to manage the multiplayer, DRM, and other digital communications related to each Ubisoft game. Uplay is a specifically encrypted service for Windows Desktop, but its versions are also available for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, iOS, Android, etc.
How to Fix A Ubisoft Service is Currently Unavailable?
Let’s now dive into some quick and simple solutions listed below to get the Uplay Service is Unavailable error fixed within minutes.
Solution 1: Update the Date and Time on Your Computer
It is advisable that you must make sure that the time and date on your computer are up correctly to prevent any serious security issues. Here’s how you can set up time and date properly on your computer and fix Uplay Service Not Available error.
1. Open the “Settings” tab by clicking on Start Menu and select the “Settings” icon located at the bottom left or use “Windows + I” Key combination and open it directly.
2. Select the “Time and Language” section and scroll to the date and time tab located on its left sidebar.
3. Once the date and time tab is opened, check to see if the date and time are set up correctly. If not, turn “on or off” to the “Set Time Automatically” option.
4. To change the date, under the “Date” icon, click on the dropdown menu button and find the current date on its calendar, and select the respective month and day.
5. Next, change Time by clicking the “Time” button and clicking on the hour and minutes you want to change. Insert the correct value of Time.
6. Now click Change and restart your computer and check to see if the error has been resolved.
Solution 2: End a Faulty Process that is running in the Task Manager
There is a particular broken file that runs from ProgramData. This file belongs to Ubisoft, but several times it goes corrupt or prevents its users from accessing its files. The process name varies with a line of unrelated letters and differs on each desktop in Task Manager. To end the task, go through the following steps.
1. Press the “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” key combination to launch Task Manager.
2. Select “More Details” located at the bottom left of the window and expand the task manager. Click on the “Processes” icon at top left of the bar.
3. Next, scroll down till you see the background processes list and look for a file with some uncommon name like YTliND.
4. Select your respective task and click the “End Task” icon located at the bottom right side of the window.
5. Confirm any dialogues that may appear as a pop-up on your window. After that, check to see if the Uplay Connection Error issue fixed.
Solution 3: Uninstall the LogMeIn Hamachi Program
In simple words, the program Hamachi is a virtual private network (VPN) application. This program creates a link between computers at the back of Network Address Translation (NAT) firewalls that do not require any configuration. To get hold of its Ubisoft Service unavailable error, it is advisable to uninstall the Hamachi program for a while. Go through these steps listed below and learn how to do it.
1. Click the start menu button and open the “Control Panel” tab. Else, search for Control Panel in the search bar and click on the app.
2. Once the Control panel window is open, click the “View-as Category” section situated at the top left of the page. Next, select “Uninstall a Program” under the Programs section.
3. Now search for the “LogMeIn Hamachi” program in the uninstall section and click on “Uninstall,” following it will be an uninstall wizard window. Carefully follow on-screen instructions and uninstall the program.
4. Click “Finish” once the program has been successfully uninstalled and restart your computer.
Solution 4: Deactivate IPv6
Deactivating IPv6 from the computer has been a positive solution for many users facing Uplay store not working error. This solution is one of the most effective, and we would advise you not to skip it.
1. Launch “Run” tab by pressing “Windows + R” key. Once the run dialogue box opens up, type in ‘ncpa.cpl’ and click “OK.”
2. Next, a new window named “Internet Connection” setting will open. Double click on your network adapter name. Now, search for “Internet Protocol version 6” on the list and uncheck the box next to it.
3. After you have unchecked the box, click “OK.” Restart your desktop and see whether the error still exists.
Solution 5: Run a System File Check (SFC) Scan
1. Search for “Command Prompt” by typing “cmd” in the windows search panel, then right-click by selecting “Run as administrator”.
2. Alternatively, you can press the “Windows + R” key and open the “Run” dialogue box. Type in “cmd” into its given dialogue box and press “Ctrl + Shift + Enter” to launch an admin command prompt.
3. Type in the mentioned command and press “Enter” after typing every command.
4. Wait till you get a notification saying “Verification 100% complete” on your current command prompt page.
5. Restart your desktop and see if the ‘Ubisoft service is unavailable at the moment’ error has been fixed.
Solution 6: Perform a Network Reset
Another simple solution to fix Uplay unavailable or connection error is by performing a complete network reset. This method has worked for many users and simply takes just a few steps to complete the process.
1. Launch the Run window by pressing the “Windows + R” key from your keyboard or search for Run in the search bar as shown below.
2. Type in “ms-settings” in the run dialogue box and click “Ok” to launch the “Settings” app.
3. Next, under settings, select the “Network and Internet” icon.
4. Under the status tab, scroll to the right side pane and click “Network Reset”
5. Now, tap on “Reset Now” and click “Yes” to reset your network settings.
6. Your desktop will shut down in a few minutes and will restart automatically during the network reset process.
7. Check to see if the Ubisoft error resolved.
Solution 7: Reset Host Files
Resetting a host file can be used to resolve several network problems. It can also fix “Ubisoft Account Suspended” error. If you ever face any problem with a host file, you can reset your file by simply following the steps mentioned below:
1. Open “My Computer” and click on Local Disk C on the left side panel.
2. Scroll to Location C and go to Windows/System32/drivers/etc.
3. Select the file titled “Hosts,” right-click on it, and select to open with Notepad.
4. Now a new notepad window will open. Press the “Ctrl + A” key, select all text written on the current page, and press “delete.” Paste these following command texts given below:
#Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
#This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to hostnames. Each
#entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
#be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding hostname.
#The IP address and the hostname should be separated by at least one
#Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
#lines or following the machine name denoted by a ‘#’ symbol.
#188.8.131.52 rhino.acme.com # source server
#184.108.40.206 x.acme.com # x client host
#localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
5. Select “File” located at the top left of the panel and click on “Save”.
6. Exit the notepad window and check to see if your issue solved or not.
Solution 8: Use Static IP and DNS Address
By default, any computer’s IP and DNS address change automatically over time. You may get the Uplay service is an unavailable error at times when accessing a game. Further, we shall show you how you could use static IP and DNS settings to resolve the problem.
1. Search for “Control Panel” in your Windows search tab.
2. Click on “Network and Internet” and select “Network and Sharing Center” from the new window page.
3. Once the network and sharing window opens, click on the “Change adapter settings” tab situated at the left sidebar.
4. Under the “Change adapter settings,” right-click on Wi-Fi or Local area connection and select “Properties.”
5. Click on “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” and tap on the “Properties” icon on the bottom right side, immediately below the dialogue box.
6. Next, tap the circle next to “Use the following IP address” and “Use the following DNS address”. Click “Ok”
7. Exit the control window and restart your desktop.
Solution 9: Contact Ubisoft Official Helpline Support
If you are a game fanatic of Ubisoft games, you need not worry if you ever come across Uplay, a Ubisoft service that is currently unavailable. All of our previously listed methods will solve your issue, but if any time your error is not fixed, you can simply browse through the technical forums of Ubisoft. You will read through several users’ reviews where they have shared their ways of fixing this issue. You can use those tricks and methods to resolve the problem that puts the Uplay servers down. Even after browsing through the Ubisoft forum, you do not get a good solution, then contact Ubisoft’s help support team. They will surely assist you with your query and find the best suitable solution to fix this error.
If you are a gamer and love playing Ubisoft games, you will know how frustrating it is when “A Ubisoft Service is Not Available at the Moment” comes up on the screen. To fix it and get your gaming fun started as soon as possible, try the 9 simple and quick solutions. With either one of the methods mentioned above, you can restore the Uplay connection lost issue and start playing your favorite games in no time. If you ever get stuck or feel that you cannot resolve it by yourself, take the help of a friend or a professional who has the technical knowledge.