Steam is known to be a cloud-based gaming site that came into existence in 2003. It allows its game-freak users to purchase and store online games into their accounts. While making steam accounts during your initial gaming days, you might have thought of some cool, cranky name to keep for your account. But now that cool account name does not go with your personality, and you would wish to change it. How to change steam account name in Windows 10 is the first thing you might explore in such a situation.
You will then know that changing the steam account name is difficult, but you can change the steam profile name or username as you like it. Yes, these are two different names linked to your steam account. The steam account name is in the form of a number that cannot be changed. On the other hand, the steam profile name is the name that is visible to other gamers, and you can change it.
Can I Set up New Account and Transfer Steam Games To Another Account?
Wherever you will search for this question Can you change Steam Account Name, you will find the answer “No.” Once the steam account name set, changing it is not likely. Then a second thought might come to your mind that you can set up a new account and transfer your game data to that account. It might sound to be a good option, but practically it is not possible. You cannot actually transfer your games to another steam account. The license assigned to any game is single-user, and it has already been assigned once to your previous account. You cannot move that game to any other new account. Thus, Steam won’t let you merge accounts leaving you with what you have set up once.
Deleting your Steam Account
Deleting your Steam account should not be confused with uninstalling the account. Uninstalling just means that you might be removing an account from a particular hard disk to free up space. Contrary to this, deleting an account means deleting all details, keys, licenses and everything related to your account. You will lose all your games purchased through Steam and will not be able to use them if you set up a new Steam account later. All license keys purchased through this platform will stand null and void. Only the games bought from some other platform or outside of Steam can run as they are purchased from some other source. Deleting your Steam account can be done only by filing a support ticket. It requires a verification step to close the account.
How to Change Steam Username?
You cannot change your Steam account name but changing Steam profile name is possible following these simple steps:
1. Log in to your existing steam account and select the current username in the top right-hand corner of the page.
2. In the dropdown menu generated, click on “View Profile.”
3. In the right pane that appears, click on the “Edit Profile” option.
4. To change the name type over the current existing name.
5. Click on “Save changes” at the bottom of the screen to save the changes you have made to your profile.
How to Change Steam Password?
How to change password on Steam might be one thing you would be looking for if you have an account on steam. You can change the password of your current steam account easily in just a few steps.
1. Log into your steam account by using the current username and password.
2. On top interface, click on the “Steam” menu, and the dropdown list that appears chooses “Settings.”
3. The Steam settings dialogue box appears with all the account details listed. Find the option “Change Password” and click on that.
4. If you have access to the listed email address, click on “Email an account verification code to.”
5. You might receive an account verification code on the listed email id. Enter the code on the next screen that displayed and click on “Continue.”
6. Enter the new password that you wish to set in the given space twice as directed and click on “Change Password.”
7. Your password has been updated successfully. You might require to log in to your account again with the new password.
How to Change Steam Email?
1. Open the installed steam app by entering the username and password details.
2. In the top left corner, click on “Steam,” which generates a dropdown menu. Choose the “Settings” option.
3. In the “Settings” window that opens, click on the “Account” tab and find the option “Change contact email address.”
4. Select the authentication method and enter the code that Steam sends to you.
5. Enter the new email address that you wish to choose and click on “Change Email” to proceed further.
6. After your new email address added, you will get a confirmation mail on the new email address. Click on the link to verify the new email.
If you are using a steam account, then sometimes or the other, there might be a thought on your mind: Can I Change my steam username? Changing the steam account name is not possible, but you can change the steam username. You can easily change the email id and password associated with your steam account by adopting a few simple steps. Checking out the Steam Privacy Settings can help you know how to alter the email ID and password of the existing account.